Food is healing, comforting and soothing–if we allow it so
Did you know that many nutrition experts say that many of us eat emotionally? While this is highly prevalent, this does not have to be so. Let’s talk about comfort food. After a light and healthy dinner, we treat ourselves to a bit of ‘badness’. Some say if you’re going to be bad, be bad all the way. We say, be bad but be ‘moderately’ bad– it’s the way of the Buddha.
This easier-than-it-looks recipe is satisfying, comforting, soothing, and we hope you’ll give it a try! It is a house favorite that almost takes away our ice cream craving.
Enjoy the love from our kitchen to yours, guilt free!
You’ll need only 4 ingredients:
- Raw almonds
- Vanilla bean powder 1 TBSP. (or vanilla bean extract 1/8 tsp.)
- 1 TBSP or more organic honey (or agave nectar)
- Soak overnight raw almonds filling 12-16 oz. container
- Place ½ cup of almonds into slow juicer
- Follow this step by ¼ cup of water at a time
- Repeat steps until all almonds have been run through juicer, set almond juice to the side.
- You should see all almond ‘remains’ (save this stuff; you can use this fiber in other juice drinks)
- Mix honey and about 2oz. of warm/hot temperature water; be sure water is not cold. Honey won’t melt otherwise.
- Add this mixture in with almond milk.
- Chill for minimum of 30 minutes.
*Serves 2-4 people depending on your appetite.