The key element in here is neither the aspect of individuality, nor the social aspect of our peers or, as it is invoked further down in a quotation from a 1961 article in the British newspaper The Guardian, mass media is telling us what's "deemed 'modern' and 'smart'". No, what is really important, here, is that for the vast majority of us, there is a chance to choose the "characteristic manner in which" we live our lives. All I can do is thus advise you to adhere to the following set of lifestyle tips, whether you will do so, is yet still your choice and your choice, alone!
Get 1 extra hour of sleep
- Sleep deprivation can negatively affect adrenal function and hormone profile.
- Insufficient sleep can decrease your ability to learn and retain information.
- Sleep deprivation shortens lifespan.
- 1 out of 5 motor vehicle accidents are due to sleepy, fatigued drivers.
- Sleep deprivation suppresses immune function and increases inflammation.
- Sleep deprivation increases levels of stress hormones (cortisol)
- Go to bed before 10pm
- No stimulants (caffeine) after 2pm and no food 2 hours before bedtime.
2. Get a Massage
- Regular massage will teach you how to relax and let go.
- The ability to relax is a learned behavior that promotes health benefits including: lowered BP and reduced anxiety.
3. Maintain a Healthy Mouth
- Dental toxicity and dental cavities deplete anti-oxidant stores in the body.
- Periodontal diseases are directly correlated to other chronic inflammatory conditions, such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- According to Dr. Tom Levy, a root canal is the #1 cause of heart disease and cancer.
- Root Canal is the king of toxins: extremely strong correlation to cancer
- Brush 2-3 times/ day, floss daily, and see your dentist every 6 months
4. Drink, shower, and bathe in Clean Water
- The solution for pollution is dilution; drink clean water.
- Use filters on faucet and shower.
5. Reduce exposure to environmental toxins
- Eliminate toxic chemicals from your household
- Neutralize existing toxins (Levy) with adequate antioxidant intake (Vitamin C, alpha lipoic acid, etc.)
- Antioxidants neutralize toxins by donating electrons
- Pro-Oxidants rob tissues of electrons
- All toxins are pro-oxidants which cause oxidative damage (degeneration).
Choose one or all of those tips, put them into practice (!) and make them an integral part of your life and you have taken yet another step towards a "healthier lifestyle".
- lifestyle, n. Oxford English Dictionary. Third edition, September 2009.
- Levy, D. T. www.tomlevymd.com.
- Rogers, D. S. (2002). Detoxify or Die.
- Prestige Pubs. www.sleepfoundation.org